Friday 31 July 2015

Drogba: I won't be a burden to Montreal Impact

Drogba: I won't be a burden to Montreal Impact
The former Chelsea star has warned Montreal Impact fans they will have to wait to see him in action as he is working to get match fit

Montreal Impact striker Didier Drogba has asked for patience as he does not want to be a burden to the team on the day of his MLS debut.
Drogba has not played since Chelsea's final match of the 2014-15 Premier League season and the 37-year-old knows it will take him time to get back to peak fitness, with the rest of the Impact squad having completed half of this year's MLS campaign.
The Impact signed Drogba on Monday as part of a trade with Chicago Fire.
"It's almost been two-and-a-half months that I haven't played," Drogba told the MLS website.
"I'll need time. We'll see with the coach... I will eventually play but I want to be able to contribute to the team and not be kind of a burden. I need to get ready."
The former Ivory Coast captain - who has played for Marseille, Chelsea and Galatasaray during his career - also underlined the importance of Montreal's multi-cultural nature in convincing him to join the Impact.
"This cultural diversity is important.
"I quite simply felt like getting to know the city. I was won over by the project and by the work that the president has already started with the club, looking to give back to the community through soccer. It's a little bit like what I do with my foundation.
"My children are bilingual. I know there are superb schools here. It also went into my decision."

No comments:

Post a Comment